navbar


Saturday, January 15, 2011

An awesome, inspiring email message I received today.

"We have a mutual friend. She commented on a photograph of yours. I looked through the 365-album. Wow!! Girl, you have MAJOR TALENT!
You asked people to leave comments to keep you motivated. I cannot leave a comment there, but I feel you need to know what an unbiased, complete stranger thinks. You shouldn't need motivation!!
Look at the beauty you have brought into this world by capturing the uniqueness of things with the talent you possess! Yes, it's a good camera, but its the operator OF the instrument that creates! I saw that you also cut hair. Well, is it the scissors that make the haircut? No! TALENT! Not just learning how, either. I have seen very bad hairdressers who have a license.
You honestly need to be making money with this talent! Seriously! I would SO buy the "peas" picture just because of the beauty in it!
My brother and several nieces are professional photographers. I have seen good pictures. None are comparing to yours. I hate snow so much. Your snow pictures almost made me cry because they were so beautiful. DO SOMETHING WITH THIS!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!
Nothing else left to say but ...WOW!"

This is the kind of thing that keeps me going everyday. The wonderful lady that sent me this message was a total stranger, but now will be following in my journey through this next year. She has said some of the most kind words I have heard in a very long time. This letter gives me the inspiration to continue in this challenge for myself to become better than I already am. I cannot wait to see all the progress I have made at the end of this year. Thank you to all who are following in my journey, and I hope you enjoy every day as much as I do!

0 comments: